View Single Post
Old 03-12-2006, 05:56 AM   #7
Lyn
A Living Legend

Smile

I was first e-mailed the drug name Herceptin from a lady in Scotland who had been tested but not HER2+ and yet our symptoms and diagnosis was the same. I lost touch after a while withher, I guess I didn't fit into her category anymore so she stopped exchanging info, a bit like I don't want to play with you anymore and I could sense it in her tone. Anyway she came from Scotland and her e-name was Koly, I will always be eternally gratefull to her and for all of the knowledge I have gained from finding Christine & Joe with this very warm and caring Herceptin Support Site, that was many moons and sunshines ago now, I have come across a few other sites but nothing like the info we have gathered here, to other sites we are a drug that is of no use to them or didn't work for them and we get dismissed in their next lot of banter, where here if someone has asked us something in the past and we haven't had an answer we know we can go back in and fill in any blanks we can and we have managed to patch some up. I am off to the rads onc tomorrow so I will let you all know what his decision will be, or should I say our decision, still starting Gemzar/Txl/Herceptin/Zometa Tuesday in the mean time my pain meds are Ok, good thing they are, my Ron (better half) now has a worse tooth ache than the one he went to the dentist with in the firs place on Thursday, so I have to sort him out in the morning before we can do anything, and arrange for my daughter to have a filling in her wisdom tooth as well, our jobs will always be here for us, stay well everyone, they need us. And for those our readers, the shy, the lurkers too nervous to ask, and that is why you can remain anonomous for as long as you feel comfortable, and for those that want to stay inoformed of the latest, it seems that other cancer are now a bigger doom and gloom than BC, so we are must be making steady progress. Ask away as many times as you like, when we feel dumb for asking, we then blame it on Chemo Brain, and it works everytime, there is always some one new viewing, or joining who may be desperately wanting to know the same answers and needs the reassurances we hope to be able to give as well as input that they may not have found relevant to mention, but WOW! we already know more than our Oncs so they need our help as well. On this site everyone is welcome we have a very open mind to all input, and don't worry about the spelling or the way you right it, we will keep probing until you get a satisfying answer so we can make you feel as though you are welcome and fit in. I have been on other sites in the beginning and you just know and feel that those people are only into themselves and don't really want to let the rest of the world in on their journey and I have actually felt as though I was intruding, NOT HERE, not on this site.

And I did hurt myself when I fell out of the car on Thursday, I think very low blood pressure and maybe still dehydrated, I didn't realise before because my feet and toes are numb in some spots, I had taken the skin off the knuckle of my little left toe, I was in the shower when I eventually foud out, and the little toe on my other foot resembles a black jelly bean, can't rule out fracture either , and now with a missing big toe nail, there goes the toe nail polish, also can't rule out refracturing my left shoulder from fall on ship either, I am treating pain there again as well, talk about "Never Ending Story". "My family has noticed I am on steroids again, I can't shut up, I talk real fast, they are having trouble keeping up with me and what topic I am on, so that is where I am at, blame it on the steroids.

Lyn & hugs to all.