View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 07:02 AM   #2
Lyn
A Living Legend

Hi there, it is not that we don't have support at home or with our friends, it is that we get first hand knowledge of what works and doesn't work, then we are able to give our family and friends hope, yes we are the ones who worry about everyone else. I got to the stage after doing this continually, and I mean non stop since 1998 that I don't bother telling people I have a new one to chase, check out operators, say how has your day been? how are you today, I usually say brilliant, that stops them dead in their tracks, they are taught to ask these questions, they are supposed to serve customers efficiently, they really don't want me to start or they will never close their check out. It is true we do tell our fellow forum family things we don't feel we can share at home, even sometimes some nice things but also shed a lot of tears, say a lot of prayers and send positive energy and encouragement. Unless the person doing the report has BC themself they are not able to walk a day in our shoes. I gave up going in public looking all nice and well just so it would not upset anyone, now I don't care how I look, as long as I am not showing any embarassing parts, that use to include my very protruding port a cath, no I havn't lost my self esteem just don't use as much energy anymore trying to make other people feel comfortable, and that has taken me up until last year to make that decision.

Love & Hugs
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote