View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 10:38 PM   #4
madubois63

I don't take the pre-med's (Decadron, Ativan and benadryl) when taking just Herceptin.

I have had mild reactions after taking the Herceptin where I turn pink and get a little puffy. Sounds like you've had a bad reaction and NEED premed's.

Two weeks ago, I received a TRIPLE DOSE of carbo/Taxotere and herceptin (yup - you heard me right - triple). This did not go as planned. Let me explain, then I will get to my point...My counts have been very low since Christmas and I haven't been able to get chemo. So we planned a week of shots and then the triple so I could have chemo and some time off. I've been going every week for the last 16 months, so time off sounded good. I did the week of shots until Friday - counts were good. I started Decadron on Sunday, went in for chemo on Monday but my counts dropped over the weekend - ugh. So, I did three more days of shots and got the chemo on Thursday. First the Herceptin, then the pre-med's, then the Taxotere...I got through almost all of the Carboplaten before I realized I was crashing. The nurse caught me as I was going down. They pulled the plug on the carbo, shot me up with DECADRON (given to counter the reaction/my point) and put me on oxygen. The Decadron (given in an immediate push through the IV) felt like thousands of pieces of glass running through my blood stream (sound familiar?). After all was said and done, I spent a week in bed and am now getting over oral thrush...

sounds to me like we've both been over medicated...jmo
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06