Thread: PET Scan Result
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 06:29 PM   #1
julierene

PET Scan Result

So you know the tech can't say anything right? I was getting my 3 month PET scan and I asked the tech if I could see my liver. I have bone and liver mets. He had the full body image up - in black and white (the CT part, the other part hadn't uploaded for another hour). He said he didn't see anything! I was shocked, but tried to maintain my cool for the time being. But then he started really taking an interest in my treatment - which I had hoped was because he was curious about what caused the dramatic results. I am a little gunshy about being excited about it though. I told my husband not to say anything until we get the fine details looked at by the radiologist. I left my number for him to call me, but he didn't. I keep speculating either he was too busy or maybe he wanted my Onc to tell me the amount of things that were left.

Either way, my other PET in December the tech said "don't worry, I have seen women in worse situations do much better after the treatment you're going to get". At the time, she didn't tell me I had liver mets as well as bone mets. What she learned during the scan, was that I had liver spots too. During the short amount of time for data to be gathered, I would assume that both tech's had the opportunity to see or not see what was there.

Can this be? Liver mets are gone? Can the raw data be reliable enough to have hope they are accurate?
julierene is offline   Reply With Quote