View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 07:32 PM   #5
lu ann

Dear Maria,

At the time of my origional diagnosis with BC I started out having a lumpectomy, radiation, and chemo. The surgeon could not get clean margins so I had to have a mastectomy and chemo.

At the time, (Fall 1991) silicone implants were getting alot of bad publicity so I opted for the tram flap procedure. They removed tissue under my belly button used half of the tissue and discarded the rest. I would have to use tissue from my back or artificial implants if I were to have the other breast removed today.

Since then I have had several suspicious mamograms and ultra-sounds of the other breast. I had 2 breast biopsies that were benign.

Even though I had the mastectomy, I believe I had a local recurrance in my mediastynime, (area between the two breasts) which later spread to my spine and pelvic bones. I sometimes wonder if I would of had the radiation, I would not of had the local recurrance.

I know it is a hard decision for you to make. Just get as much information you can and pray for His guidance for the best decision.

Love and Blessings
Lu Ann
lu ann is offline   Reply With Quote