View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 05:18 PM   #1
RhondaH

I think now is a good time to remove myself from the board...

at least for a while. I'm taking the opportunity of the beginning of Lent tomorrow (being the good Catholic girl that I am) to "put cancer and this board in the back of my mind". Since being diagnosed w/ Stage 1, no nodes, ER/PR-, Her2+ (3.16 by FISH) on 2/1/05, this board has been BEYOND what I had looked for in a support group and I have gained MANY new and true friends and TONS of support and knowledge, but it's been over a year, I need to concentrate on the house/move (which will be 2 weeks after Easter) AND tempers are starting to flare and before anything is said that will be regretted...my mother always told me to walk away from a fight (it's not any ONE person, but EVERYONE seems a little on edge...some with GREAT reason) and if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Tony (my 5yo) just shared his strep throat (he shares so well with me and I ache from the top of my head to the tips of my toes (yes Gina...I called and got a Zpack WITH Dasani, though feel TOO miserable today to walk) and when I don't feel good, I get ornery as I'm sure you ALSO do when you don't feel well or are having a bad day. I'm sure I'll be back after Easter (though will probably lurk a little to "test the waters" before diving right in). My thoughts and prayers are with you all (especially Al & Linda; Lisa; Stephanie; Esther and others fighting recurrence and ALL of you newly diagnosed...yes, you CAN survive this and there are people here to prove it, though the battle is over, the war may not have been won and CONTINUE fighting. Also, to my Denver "hot mama's"...stilettos and bikinis huh, please email me and let me know how the conference etc went Gina, Lani, RobinP, RB, you have been a WEALTH of information and knowledge, I know some of you are considering leaving, but please don't others NEED you and to everyone else, I love you all, please feel free to email me at hoffman_brown@msn.com and I hope to see you soon. To Joe and Christine, THANK YOU for the WONDERFUL board you have given us. Take care and God Bless.

Love,

Rhonda Hoffman

Last edited by RhondaH; 02-28-2006 at 06:14 PM.. Reason: addition
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote