View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 04:10 AM   #6
Unregistered

Fats BC and foetal requirement.

This a question and no more as I have not seen it suggested anywhere.

If there is a link between BC and omega threes and sixes, including DHA and EPA, and if as has been suggested in some trials low omega three EPA/DHA(fish oil) intake do significantly impact on BC risk (omega three /DHA/EPA reduces risk), and higher levels of omega six do raise expression of HER2 then..

IF a foetus makes heavy demands on a mothers fat intake and deposit, and demands high levels of DHA EPA percusors (omega three) which are heavily (a fundamantal non replaceable need) involved in the formation of brain, vision etc (and given as I understand it DHA and EPA if not available throught diet can only be made from omega three, and may be in short supply in the mothers diet, and so stripped out from any existing fat reserves)....

Then could the babies nutritional omega three fat demands significantly deplete the mothers omega three and so place her at (much) higher risk of BC. The omega three are also implicated in mental wellbeing - could low level of omega three post birth be a factor in post natal depression.

Just a thought, and one I have not in any way followed up.

RB