View Single Post
Old 02-23-2006, 07:17 PM   #5
Lee

Hi Natalie....

I know you from the INCIID parenting mults board! (I post on there occasionally as SharonB). I also have twins, they are almost 5 yrs old, and a 7 yr old. I was diagnosed in Sept. with breast cancer, her2neu+++, and they found some metastases in my liver so I've been on a slightly different chemo regimen than you (taxol, carboplatin & herceptin) following a lumpectomy.

I don't know the answer to your question, but my opinion is that it is good to be treated as aggressively as possible. If there is any chance you are her2 positive, you should definitely get the herceptin. I have responded *really* well to chemo (a CT scan earlier this week shows the cancer in my liver essentially gone) and I think herceptin has a lot to do with that.

Good to see you here, and I'm so glad you've had good news lately. This is a tough road to hoe but I've found SO much good information on this site, it's been really helpful and very comforting at times to see how many women here are *way* outliving the statistics.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote