View Single Post
Old 02-23-2006, 06:19 AM   #9
Unregistered

Al

I am not suggesting diet is all and the only factor in respect of the huge increases in BC and cancer, but I am coming from a neutral starting point to beleive it is a magor factor.

Whilst we have much better access to food the average diet has changed massively - just look in peoples shopping baskets - and for me the key factor of food change is omega three and six intake.

The fats are potentially key factors as they are recognised suggested to be potentiators in evolutionary terms AND we have never had access to the levels of omega six now available. It was always a scarce resource. For me it would be reasonvle to postulate that the body works on the expecation of omega six being a scrce resource and has no mechanism to moderate excess.

Cleary all the other listed factors work in a synergistic way and are cofactors but the fey for me is fats, and particularly omega six and three. The more I read the more certain in my very amateur way I am.

Trials have shown differences as high as 70% in womens risks of lumps being cancerous based on fish oil intake, so I do not think figures of this order can be totally discounted. (And if they were taking fish / oil they proably had an otherwise "good" diet, were not overweight, good cardiac figures etc)

RB