View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 09:45 AM   #10
Becky

Yoga in general is not a high risk activity EXCEPT for the poses that require all your weight on your arms for a minute or so at a time. I just went to another lymphedema class as I have an affected finger (caused by walking and running - my pointer finger - centrifical force). I said - walking???? They said - you swing your arms. Any repetitious movements or putting pressure on the affected quandrant (not just the arm - there are 4 quandrants so your whole affected quandrant can cause you trouble).

Wear a compression cuff (the one you should buy for flying) on when doing an activity that could be at risk - I used my cuff and glove when moving this week as my finger did flare up and I DON'T want my hand and arm to or get to a point where I have to use it all the time).

Yoga was on the moderate risk list as was walking (with arm pumping action) and jogging. Horseback riding was too (and intense riding is a high risk). I use my cuff and glove for all of these now.

Any other questions, let me know as I just took an intense course this past Thursday.

Best regards

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote