Thread: embolization
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 07:08 AM   #1
clisa

embolization

Well after some thought we have pretty much decided to go ahead with the embolization surgery on my liver. The surgeon feels if we wait too much longer we will not be able to do surgery ever as my portal vein may be too weak.

The chemo options have not done their jobs and the tumours continue to grow very aggressively. Unfortunately the one that has spread out from the liver to grow around my gallbladder duct continues to give me much pain and makes digestion overall a nightmare. Pain control has been a problem itself.

The other main vein is growing around my main portal vein. Doctor is concerned about this as the plan is to embolize the other vein and this will put more work on my portal vein to keep my liver going but hopefully kill the tumours blood supply.

Scary but looks like the best option at this point - had herceptin/navelbine chemo yesterday - my first chemo in four weeks so that has done alot to releive my anxiety. One more meeting with the surgeon before we make the call - has anyone on here had embolization or chemo embolization - what was the process like for you and was it successful?

Thx again Lisa
clisa is offline   Reply With Quote