View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 07:39 PM   #1
Val Pfeiffer

Hello all...and ?? re: Yoga and lymphedema risks?

I just started a yoga class, and so this may be a very silly question, but how great do you guys think the risk is with this activity for lymphedema after mastectomy with nodes removed? The class went great, but I wondered about the pressure on my affected arm. It's been a few weeks short of one year since my surgery and I have had no other problems. I have been an avid biker and I stay fairly active. Anyone out there a yoga buff who has an opinion about this?

An unrelated question--did any of you receive a CD with meditation/relaxation music on it from Genentech recently? I received one on the mail, and I am assuming that I got it as a result of a visit I made to their website, probably via this board. Just curious.

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile--things have been so busy! I am still taking Herceptin triple dose every three weeks. I just had my second echocardiogram and all is clear. And I just postponed my reconstruction surgery until fall. I want to finish my Herceptin before I have the surgery.

take care everyone!
Val
Val Pfeiffer is offline   Reply With Quote