View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 02:31 PM   #3
doh2pa
Deceased

Hi Lisa,

I am 15 treatments into an 18 treatment regimen (only 3 more to go - yeah!) which includes herceptin, a taxol like study drug and carboplatin. I do have minor fatigue but do not feel that it has gotten noticibly worse. I really do feel that there are things you can do to combat that - exercise as much as you can, eat a good diet high in iron rich foods, and get lots of rest. I've never felt like the fatigue is debilitating, just always there. After my 9th treatment, I did begin to get some annoying peripheral neuropathy in my hands and feet (brought on by skiing in the Vermont cold for 5 days - my own fault but I'd do it again). I do take 100mg of Vitamin B6, which is supposed to help with that. Not sure if it did (would I be worse without it?) but I don't think it can hurt. And I always feel better when I am doing something to help my body fight (take vitamins, rest, exercise, eat right).

I'm sure your doctor is just trying to prepare you but everyone reacts differently and there is no "magic chart" to predict your side effects. Stay positive and in tune with what your body needs. If you've done alright so far, I'm sure you will continue to tolerate it well.

Donna
doh2pa is offline   Reply With Quote