View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 03:58 PM   #3
Lolly

Brittany, I have just added Xeloda to my weekly dose of Herceptin/Navelbine, as I was stable on Herceptin/Navelbine but having much trouble with lowered blood counts and stomach issues. So, my onc cut my Navelbine dose in half, and added 500 mg. Xeloda twice daily, and as Esther says it's a pill that I take at home after meals.

I haven't had any side effects from Xeloda, and my blood counts over the last 2 weeks have been steadily going UP until now I'm at almost normal levels.

Plus, the axilla lymph nodes that we're targeting with this treatment are visibly and palpably shrinking.

I also have a friend with lung mets who is now NED after 6 months of Xeloda/Herceptin.

I hope this encourages you and your mom, as Esther says she has lots of options.

I would like to add that my onc is one who believes that Xeloda should be started at a low dose, then if that's tolerable, work up if necessary until maximam tolerable dose is achieved. Some can tolerate larger doses than others, but a smaller dose can be effective too, the schedule is the key. I take it daily with no break, but I've seen that others here take a much higher dose for a couple of weeks, then have a break. So, something to discuss with your mom's onc.

<3 Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote