View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 12:12 PM   #3
Unregistered

I have posted before on the benifits of fish oil on dry eyes, and generally on the often suggested importance of balancing the omega three and six intake.

Arthritis is also reported in trials as benifiting from fish oil ( which is not the same as cod liver oil which has its own benifits, and does not have much taste or repeat.) Comments on side effects some blood thinning at higher doses can be found on the Linus Pauling site.

If you have the tiem search on the NCBI site using the search engine "omega three and whatever you are interested in"..

There are also wider reported benifits, mental health, skin excema etc, cancer risk reduction etc.

From my non expert but increasingly wide reading another factor is to cut down and balance the omega sixes and the threes.

At a common sense level it is waht fish use to lubricate at low temperatures and high pressures.

Omega three derivates are fundamental to eye developement and maintenance (I learned today reading a book on eye health as part of trying to understand the role of fats).

Whilst I try and represent what I read my view points are strictly amateur - check it out for yourself on the web / NCBI, and a number of posts on this site.

RB