Thread: Her2++ No Mets
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 12:11 PM   #17
karenann

Hi,

I never responded to the, late Herceptin, post because I didn't consider my treatment late. I started Herceptin 2 weeks after my last Taxol in June, 2005. I would be happy to share my story with you and hopefully it will help someone.

I am stage one, node negative, 1.3cm tumor, er/pr+, grade 3, Her2+++. When I was first diagnosed, I brought up the Her2 testing and I was told by both my surgeon and Oncologist that they did not test people with early stage disease because herceptin was only used for metasatic disease. As time went by and all the trial results were coming in, I decided that I needed to get tested and if positive, revisit the Herceptin issue. I came back positive and my onc still said that I was early stage, good prognosis, etc. and I didn't need Herceptin. I decided to get 2nd and 3rd opinions, so I went before the tumor board (different hospital) and to Stanford University. I saw a total of 4 Oncologist and 3 advised me to get Herceptin. I went back to my doc and he had a change of heart and wanted me to do the year of Herceptin. I would have changed doctors if he had not agreeded.

Hope this helps.

Karen
karenann is offline   Reply With Quote