View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 04:50 PM   #1
Attilash

Angry A question about a psycnalist - his behaviour

It's me again, something occurred to me on Jan.18 which hurt and puzzeld me alot, so I thought to share it just to know if someone of you ever had a similar experience. Note that, since I live in Italy, my possibilities to react might not be the same you would have.
I was contacted last Dec. by a ladydoctor - psicanalyst, while in dayhospital having herceptin done, who asked me to attend a conference on cancer, treatment, how to cope with it all etc. My chemoterapist is on the conference board, and it's him who signalled me to this ladydoctor. I attended the conference, and happened to offer my point of view on the Italian situation of internet/on-line help (absolutely inexistent, because we Italian have a very different approach to illness, especially cancer - so, no forums, no groups, no chats... the very few sites which offer real help, offer infos translated from American/English/Canadian sites... ;O/ )
Anyway, another doctor - psicanalist, professor in University, big imposing guy, came to me and said he was interested in my experience due to the fact I am 34 and already twice survivor etc. etc. So he suggested an interview, in order of possibly become a speaker in the next conferences.
I thought it was a great idea - this terrible experience, at last gives birth to something useful - so I accepted.
And the interview turned out to be an unrequired psycoanalisis seance, with him asking questions about my dreams, my past, my relation to sex and family, and so on. And in the end, I was offered to go to his study to start a therapy with him - paying, of course.
And the ladydoctor was there all the time, taking notes about what I told them.
I, of course, did not accept.
The big question is: according to you, should I report these people to my chemoterapist?
Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts, if you will do it.
Lots of love, Attilash
Attilash is offline   Reply With Quote