View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 09:16 PM   #19
julierene

Chelee, I wish you well on this icky subject. AC wasn't as bad as I thought it would be either. I was 28 at the time, and I had just had a baby and a bilateral mastectomy. The chemo for me was way easier than the surgery. I do still miss my hair. Hence, the reason I still probably choose to put my pre-cancer picture up. That picture was taken right before I lost my hair. I was glad I took it.

I would have a friend come over and take some really good shots of your hair before you loose it, and that way you can always have it to remember. I think I would have been upset if I forgot to take a pic. I also took some of a really short haircut, and a bald one too, but it helped me - and that's what's important.

LuAnn, sounds so much like me. I thought my back hurt cause I had just started a new desk job in August. I had back pain in september, and by december, I had t7 and t8 met, also L1 and S1, my left clavical, and my right femural neck bone on top of 2 liver mets about 2cm and under each. I thought my world was over. But after reading so many of these ladies stories, I feel like I might actually have a chance of more time than I thought. I love this board, and I will probably be posting here from now on. I feel so much more encouraged since I started reading it. Many of the others, I can't say that about. These ladies here are really great.

Last edited by julierene; 02-06-2006 at 09:20 PM..
julierene is offline   Reply With Quote