Thread: For Ladies Only
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 08:52 PM   #13
julierene

I am 30 years old, and had my ovaries removed at age 29. Ever since the surgery, I have had problems with sex and TERRIBLE burning afterwards. I can't say I have problems any other time - unless I haven't had at least 10 minutes of foreplay. I can't use ANY lubricants. Oh, and to add insult to injury - I think the pH issue with my husbands addition to my vagina don't make matters any better. So I asked the gyno about it, and he gave me this estrogen cream. I used half of the measuring dose on the insert tube (1mg?). BOY! That stuff made me think I had some kind of infection - the smell was BAD! Then, I kept loosing a little dot of urine when I would have a full bladder. It was 2 days of utter annoyance. I thought I had some kind of infection, but it went away by the 3rd day after the 1 and only use of that stuff I tried. I have no idea if this is of any use, but that's all I got on it. Probably menopause issues... I do feel that pH is probably the culpret for me, but I don't know how to fix it. I thought I had a yeast infection too, but it seems triggered by anything foreign being put inside that area. I have only been on Herceptin since December, so I know the chemo didn't do this.

Are you in menopause?

Not only do I have to worry about being stage 4, I have a hard time enjoying the fun stuff too. GRRRRR!!!!

Last edited by julierene; 02-06-2006 at 09:00 PM..
julierene is offline   Reply With Quote