View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 11:42 PM   #14
Chelee

TriciaK, & Becky, thanks for the help and ideas for my chemo treatments this Tuesday. Tricia I have had others tell me to try things like your mentioning. I sure plan on giving it my best shot. I certainly want to keep my mind on only the positive things that day if I am capable of it. I do want to work on my breathing as you mentioned...I have read about that when I first started having these darned anxiety attacks. And it DOES help. I am going to try those exercises Tricia...thanks for sharing them with me. I really appeciate it.

Becky, I have a bag set-up with things I plan on taking to my first chemo. Lots of new magazines that I have not had time to read. I like magazines because as you or someone said...the stories are shorter and I don't have to focus as long like you do a book. lol I also have a hand held nientendo I never use that my grown up step-son gave me. I think I might try it too. I am hoping the tv will come in handy there. From what I saw that one day...all the chairs are lined up and each person has their OWN tv. The only thing I didn't like is the TV's were WAY up almost on the ceiling...I kid you not. But I guess if I push the recliner ALL the way back I could watch it. (I just hope they have head sets so I don't have to listen to everyone elses tv...that drives me nuts. And that day I was there...I heard all the tv's going...so I am afraid there is no head sets. But I will find out all too soon enough. It seems like everyone is all lined up there...no privacy that is for sure. I guess you make friends rather you want to or not. lol I suppose its easier on the nurses to watch everyone that way.

As far as food and drinks...I am not sure what I will take. I am a big water drinker which I hear is a plus for me. I don't go any where without water. So I will be taking a couple BIG bottles that day. I just hope I don't have to get up and potty every five seconds...seems I have a small bladder.

They said to bring myself a snack...but since I was told I have cancer...my appetite is gone. So I haven't a clue what I might take to nibble on? Plus I had a rough year with a dentist...so now I have to be careful what I chew on the one side I have left thanks to him. So it can't be alot of hard stuff. So I don't know what they mean by snacks. I just haven't been hungry...I have had to FORCE myself to eat. This has been a heck of a way to diet. But should I get hungry...I can have my husband go get me something. He plans on taking me there. Even if I let him leave for a while to give him a break...we only live about 10 minutes away...so he can get me something if it gets too bad. That's if I am hungry at all with chemo? (which I doubt I will be?) Although I noticed you said I would NOT be nauseated the first day of infusion.

Anyway...thanks to all of you for your help and support. All this has been so overwhelming and it really helps to have others around that truly understand what your going through. I just hope my first day goes better then I think. I think if I get through the first day ok...it will be easier the next time.

Thanks again to all.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote