View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 12:06 AM   #11
Chelee

Thanks Bev! I am lucky enough to have my husband taking me to my first chemo...and probably most there after? We will see how it goes. The first day is going to be a long one...five hours they said.

I am glad I am not the only one feeling so stressed over this chemo coming up. I have had my throat feel so tight and like its hard to swallow. My own fear bringing on unnecesary problems. So I can relate when you said you felt like you were having a heart attack the week before. I am close to that myself...I am serious too! I am trying to settle down...but its just not easy.

If it gets too bad that day...I hope they can give me something to mellow me out so I can fall asleep, or at least relax SO WHAT if that is possible? When I went last week to meet with the infusion nurse for she could go over things...I did see one older women in a chair and she was sound asleep. I was sitting there thinking to myself...I hope it goes that well for me. She looked so comfy. I was shocked.

I did see they have flat screen tv's for each person to watch while your there...but it was dumb how they had them way UP on the ceiling almost. You would break your neck trying to watch it for any lenght of time. Maybe I should buy one of the DVD players like your talking about. That might be a great idea.

Thanks so much for your post. You guys have all been so supportive and truly are making me feel better about this. I am so thankful for all of you. I keep trying to think of how many people have made it through chemo as you mentioned...that does give me hope. If I didn't have this darned anxiety of mine...long before my diagnoses...I would be much better off. But I am sure they can give me something if I can't handle it. I will give it my best shot...I have too.

Thanks again.l
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote