View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 06:13 PM   #7
Audrey

Hi Chelee, Joe's right, everyone is anxious before starting chemo--but for me, once I started treament I was much less anxious since it felt good to be actually doing something to treat the cancer. Once you get into your treatment routine it just becomes part of your life and is easier to deal with then all the anticipation beforehand. Although it was not fun, I found A/C to be less horrible then I imagined--it was hard to lose my hair, but i honestly wasn't as nauseated/tired as I thought I would be--they have some really good anti-nausea drugs now. Speaking of drugs, my doctor put me on a low dose of Paxil to control my anxiety and I found it really helpful--speak up --your doctor and nurses want you to get through this as painlessly as possible. And remember, for many of us these drugs really work--I was diagnosed 4 1/2 years ago with aggressive, Stage III breast cancer with lymph node involvement, but the combination of A/C, Taxol, radiation and Herceptin really knocked it out--have been NED since 2001! Think positive and hang in there--we're all here for you--
Audrey is offline   Reply With Quote