View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 08:47 PM   #1
Chelee

New here, starting chemo soon?

Someone directed me to this board since I am stage IIIA, high grade, Er & Pr weakly negative, Her2/Neu 3 +++. From what I understand Herceptin is the only drug for us Her2/Neu 3 +++ women?

And also I am told its not as good since I am what they consider Er &Pr weakly negative...I hear its better if your positive? What I don't understand, is I haven't seen anyone else that was told they were "weakly positive", except for me. But I am so new to all this. Either I see your positive, or negative...what is this weakly positive stuff?

Due to this, my oncologist wants to start me on Herceptin, Taxotere, and carboplatin. I was also told that carboplatin is only used when there is mets? Is that true? Because I just had my scans and they said they were clean? Although there was some node involment...so maybe that is why they choose to use the carboplatin?

I am suppose to start chemo this coming tues. and I am scared as I am sure you can all understand.

Maybe this is dumb, but what does "AC" stand for...or mean? I keep seeing it...does AC stand for a certain type of chemo? Sorry for all the questions.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote