View Single Post
Old 01-27-2006, 02:21 AM   #15
lisahammo

Red face

Hi Lisa, Tracy & Skoolmom

I also have had Taxol & Herceptin. I had them both together for 6 months, which reduced my 10 liver tumours to 3, and I now have fortnightly Herceptin. The weekly Taxol was easy compared to the AC. The only real side effects I had was slightly tired that day & the following, but well able to function, and yes I did have problems with pain in my knuckles, knees and ankles. I began taking Glucosamine & Omega 3, which took about 4 months to kick in. I also take Co-Q10, multivitamins, evening primrose oil, and few others.

The Herceptin is easy, it's just my veins that are the problem.

I have a 5 year old son who starts school next week, and most nights I can't sleep for worrying about not seeing him grow up. I'm just about to pass my 1st hurdle, which was to see him start school. Now I look ahead to my next goal, of seeing his next birthday. In the meantime, I try to have as many 'firsts' with him as I possibly can. One thing that I have found works for me if the sleeplessness is REALLY bad - I write him letters about my feelings toward him, about my life, questions he may want to ask me, etc. I put them in envelopes, label them, and file them away for him, so that he knows I was always thinking about him, and he knows what my feelings were, without someone else trying to guess my feelings when explaining things to him.

Good luck with your treatments. My hair also started growing back about 4 weeks before I finished the TAxol.

Love Lisa
lisahammo is offline   Reply With Quote