View Single Post
Old 01-14-2006, 11:48 AM   #11
StephN

Wink Complementry & Homeopathic

Dear Tracy -
Life is often NOT fair and throws us all sorts of curve balls. Cancer being one of the hardest to bat back.

You have been advised by otheres here to try some sort of mood elevator prescription. That has helped many who temporarily needed something to help their emotions even out.

I like to use herbal teas and find that they are helpful. There are blends with valerian that are good for helping to fall asleep. Chamomile is also a soothing tea. Also helps with the delicate stomach if you have that problem. I found that the health food stores give good advice when you tell them your problem.

The hormone imbalance is really hard for you premenopausal gals. There are some things you can take for that, but I did not need them (being postmen at diagnosis) so can't recall all the names. Someone here should know more about that.

Your onc's nurse case manager should also be a good person to talk to as she has heard it ALL by now! They are usually very helpful and will talk to the doc for you even though you don't have an appt scheduled.

So, don't keep it all to yourself - let your treatment team know how you feel, and remember - Spring WILL come!
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote