View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 05:03 PM   #10
Barbara2

I would jump at the chance to take part in a NED trial!

But, I doubt very much that they would be willing to offer a trial that contains a taxane for the "late" HER2+ NED people, although they may consider offering Herceptin alone. I am getting late Herceptin now, and my onc is willing to give me taxol, but I haven't been brave enough to do it although something keeps nagging at me to go ahead and go for it.

I called the Mayo clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, to ask the doctor that I had seen for a second opinion when initially diagnosed with cancer, what she would advise in regards to adding the taxol to the herceptin. She said she would not do it, as there is no proof etc etc etc. And I've read on this board of other oncs who don't recommend adding it to late herceptin either.

I, too, have asked and asked and have tried to find trials for people in this catagory. I wonder if there are too few people who would qualify to take part in a trial of this sort. Plus, oncs seem reluctant to experiment with a chemo on NED patients.

Having said all of that, YES! I would love to take part in a NED trial. Anyone else??
Barbara2 is offline   Reply With Quote