View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 05:22 AM   #4
Lyn
A Living Legend

Smile

Hi, I have been on Neurontin for about 6 months now maybe longer, with no side effects, I take 1 tablet 3 times daily. I originally started taking it for trigeminal neuralgia in the head and it did stop the pain. I have p/neuropathy on the bottom of my feet and finger tips on both hands, mine was caused by 26 weekly doses of Taxol. While havinginfusion I applied heat to where my lump was on my neck and I also have p/neuropathy from my ear down the side of my face and neck and along shoulder. The heat draws the drug to where the blood vessels are enlarged as well as to the furtherst point of the body being fingers and feet. I have lost most of the neuropathy in my left hand but that is the only result I have had. I replaced another nerve blocking drug which I was on for almost 7 years for the nerve damage in my chest from original radical mastectomy, however it was proven that some of these drugs impaired taxanes and cytoxans, and could be why my chemo never cures for long. Hope this helps.

Love & Hugs Lyn
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote