View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 11:04 PM   #22
catlin

I just finished taxol/herceptin weekly for 12 weeks and hated the taxol. My skin got lots of rashy patches and spots, thankfully little on my face. My hands were so dry I lotioned them constantly wore those thin gloves at night sometimes with oiled hands. Although my nails peeled and chipped and some got black and blue, I found the constant lotion and oil helped as well as keeping a coat of natural polish on them. It seemed to help the sensitiviity I had. The same with my feet and toenails. Still have a lot of foor numbness. I have a pair of ugg type boots that even here in southern ca I wear constantly at home as my feet are so temperature sensitive. Had my first dose of Herceptin only. Had a mild fever 2 nights and felt really dragged out. I also noticed more pain in some of my breast surgery scars from last May and aching ribs. Had free tram bilateral reconstruction so do not know if it is the herceptin or more numbness wearing off and nerves regenerating. I do think the fever and excessive tiredness is the Herceptin. Did have one bad headache, rare for me. Am interested in anyone having similar side effects.I have been reading this site since last March but just signed on formally.
catlin is offline   Reply With Quote