View Single Post
Old 01-07-2006, 10:05 AM   #6
Nicola

Unhappy Bummed Out!

Hi Everyone...

Thanks for all of your kind words and support. I am really bummed out, I wasn't able to get my chemo treatment yesterday because of the diarrhea I have been having for several weeks on a daily basis. They want me to take a break from the Herceptin, Taxol and Lapatinib until we get this cleared up. They gave me an antibiotic called Metronidazole 250mg to take along with lots of Imodium. So far it hasn't helped much, I am hoping that after a full day of it that it will start to make a difference. I am not sure if the diarrhea is from the gall bladder surgery I had on Dec. 1 or from the chemo and meds I am on or a combination of them all. I am still having trouble with the UTI also, they did a urinalysis yesterday to try to get a culture so that they know what kind of antibiotic to treat it with, they should have the results back from that on Monday. I am getting so tired of taking all these meds and I am worried that if we don't get this cleared up ASAP that they may take me off of the clinical trial.

Has anyone else experienced extreme diarrhea from Herceptin or Taxol? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much for letting me vent and for all of your support.

Hugs,
Nicola
Nicola is offline   Reply With Quote