View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 10:06 AM   #1
Nicola

Update on Lapatinib Clinical Trial

Hello Everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I have been busy with the holidays, company and treatments.

DX: Age 36, March 8, 2004 DCIS ERPR++++, lumpectomy with radiation
DX: December 1, 2005 Extensive Liver mets in both lobes and bone mets in the T8 & T9, HER2++++, ERPR- in liver.

Over all I am doing well. I am getting ready to receive my third treatment of Herceptin 2mg/kg and Taxol 80mg/m2, I take Lapatinib 1000mg every day at home in pill form and Zometa once a month.

So far the side effects I have had are: slight waves of nausea on and off, soreness in the joints, fatigue, diarrhea, sinus trouble with drainage and nose bleeds, and the worst one of all is a on going urinary track infection that I can't seem to get cleared up even after being on antibiotics (bactrim, levaquin) twice for it. Just starting to lose my hair.

When I go in for treatment tomorrow they are going to do a urinalysis and depending on what it shows they may send me to a urologist to check the bladder for cancer. I am hoping that it is just a UTI that a stronger antibiotic will clear up.

Has anyone else had these side effects or trouble with on going UTI's?

I should be having another CT scan in about 6 weeks to see if the treatments are working, I can't wait to find out, the waiting is the hardest part.

I hope you are all doing well, I will try to keep you posted on my progress.

Hugs,
Nicola
Nicola is offline   Reply With Quote