View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 01:11 PM   #10
StephN

Wink LOTS of HOPE!

Hello Julierene -
Taxotere did not work for me either. I am much older than you, but had very similar tumor pathology only with 8 of 18 nodes positive. Within 6 months of getting off chemo (also had the rads), I had a liver full of tumors and starting into my bones.
It seems to me that you are on a good group of treatments. I took Taxol, Navelbine and Herceptin to get to remission which happened after about 7 months of weekly treatments. After getting off the chemos I have maintained on Herceptin and Zometa for over 3.5 years. No chemos, and only a relapse to my brain where I had 2 tumors treated (so far successfully) with Gamma Knife last January.

So, to answer you question, there are many of us here who have beat the mets and manage pretty well on Herceptin. Sometimes we have something crop up that we have to fight off again, but that CAN be done. You need to understand that the drugs work in concert with each other attacking the cancer cells in different ways - mostly in process of dividing. One drug can't overshadow the other in theis process. Learn how each drug attacks your cancer and then you can try to visualize and instruct your body in this work. I found this to be a simple, yet powerful way to fight my cancer.

You may not have the pep and energy you would like to have, but you will be alive to take care of your baby. That thought should sustain you through this tough time.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote