View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 03:09 PM   #17
Rupali

Hi all and Kristen,
Thanks for the responses. I met with my oncologist yesterday and told her about spotting which has converted to flowing today.
She said it is both good and bad. The good thing is that it means that the ovaries are still ok and there is no menopause and due to my age they would have been worried if I did not have my periods.
The bad thing is that to make maximum use of Tamoxifen it is importnat to have no periods.So she will talk to my other oncologist who is at MGH Boston to decide if they will go for lupron/Zoloadex for me or are ok without that.
Today I opened up my record file and saw that my tumor was weekly less that 10% ER+ and PR+ and Her2++ (6.2) amplified.
So I am debating to myself that this clealry means that my tumor was not initiated with estrogen.
At the same time the whole confusion is that my first punch biopsy that was done 20 days prior to my mastectomy had figures of 80% ER+.
Later the doctors got confused and said that they would go with Mastectomy Hormone readings and not wory abt the biopsy readings.

I will like to know what would you have done in such a situation.
My husband is a strong beliver in natural way of things and says that the body is trying tocome back to normalcy but these doctors will try to suppress it again with this Lupron shots.

Second issue I have been having is that I just got my blood report back and the hemoglobin is down to 10.1 from 12.1 recorded on 11/08/06.

I have been on primarily Vegan diet and we are planning to kick in eggs and Salmon and chicken now as the hemoglobin doesnt seem to stabilise in last 6 months.
Please reply....
Rupali is offline   Reply With Quote