View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 04:39 AM   #16
PamCl

Exclamation

Hi All

I'm Pam from Ipswich, Queensland.

I was diagnosed in October 2004, Stage 2 Her 2+ tumour in the left breast. Had lumpectomy followed by AC and Taxol with 30 x rads. I learn't about Herceptin through the Net, phoned Roche in Sydney and found that it was available 'off label'.

I am currently on 3 weekly infusions at the Wesley Private Hospital in Brisbane at a cost of A$3254.15 per dose. I sent emails and letters to Roche, MBF and my local Federal Parliament member trying to find out as much as I could about Herceptin.

Following is a copy of the answer I received from Roche -

'' Dear Pam,
Thank you for you e-mail regarding the timeline for Herceptin’s approval by the Australian PBS for women with HER2 positive breast cancer in primary disease.

It is expected that Roche Australia will receive the registration dossier (data in an evaluable format) for the adjuvant Herceptin studies early in 2006. A submission to the TGA can then be made. The statutory timeframe for evaluation of an application is 12 months, although every effort will be made to ensure the fastest possible evaluation.

Following TGA approval Roche is committed to working with the relevant authorities to ensure that Herceptin use in the adjuvant setting is funded by the government. Provided the data meets the reimbursement requirements the standard process for reimbursement is a minimum of 12 months from the time of submission.

Warm regards

Katherine

Katherine Reid

Product Manager HERCEPTIN

Roche Products Pty Limited ''

It looks like it will be a long time in Australia before Herceptin is available on the PBS.

Bye for now
Pam
PamCl is offline   Reply With Quote