View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 11:05 PM   #9
janet/FL

Compassionate use

Genentech has a program for reimbursing the infusion center for the Herceptin. Single point of contact--I think it is called. I think Lolly just posted on another place to go for help. I was prepared to go this route if Blue Cross denied. I just went ahead and got the Hercptin and worried and worried about it. Did ask them first as didn't want to be turned down. :-)

But it went through. There are so many insurance worries. One thing you can do is make sure that your group is participating Blue cross providers. My first onc wasn't and it would have cost me a fortune. He expected me to pay for everything up front and if BC reimbursed me then that was fine for me, but he didn't care--he had his money!
Make sure you do this with every place you go. I get thousands of dollars of bills. Most are remedied, some I pay. Some places tell you up front you will have to pay, others seem to try to avoid answering. So far, I have found this stress about eqaul to the treatments! However, I am doing out of state BC and this makes for more problems.
Is there a reason your doctor is going Taxol not Taxotere? Taxotere seems to have the best track record.
Good luck
Janet
janet/FL is offline   Reply With Quote