Thread: I'M Scared
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 12:56 AM   #6
Lyn
A Living Legend

Smile

Hi there and welcome, not under the best circumstances but you will meet a lot of life time friends here.When I first began chemo all the patients had to have a relaxing tablet before they came to the unit, I opted for a valium because the one they recommended lorezepam used to put me unconscious, I think a few of the ladies here also had an antihistamine drug in the drip that just about knocks them unconscioius and they love it, apart from relaxing you it also helps the chemo drugs travel through the body better, why I don't know. I started on the Herceptin 4 years ago, first diagnosed in 1998 with an expectency of 2 to 3 years, so I was just out of the 3 year limit when I started the Herceptin, I do believe that is why I am still alive today to tell about it, I have been in constant treatment since 1998 so I look at this like I just have a chronic disease, in the category of diabeties. I too have a port, almost 5 years now and it has been a blessing. I would ask for herceptin/navelbine/carboplatin and zometa, knock it out before it goes any further, you get to keep your hair with this combo and it can be used later down the track if you have a reoccurence, no we are not oncologists here but like they say, unless you have been there you don't really know, and believe me there is always someone out there that has been there before and we just want to make it easier for the next victim of that demon C. Chemo is like mixing paint, you need the right tint for the best result, so sometimes more in the mix is better. Hope this helps.

LOve & Hugs Lyn
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote