Thread: lymphoedema
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 01:49 AM   #5
Lyn
A Living Legend

Smile

Hi, I had a lymphoedema nurse show me the so called correct way to deal with the treatment, feather touch, what a load of garbage, I think this is a myth. I spoke with a surgeon and he said that the rougher you are getting the fluids in the arm moving the better. I proved this to be correct, I did a stupid thing, I don't have any veins worth touching in my good arm so I always have my bloods taken in the other, no problem so I decided to have the nuclear dye in that arm as well, so after the CT and then the Bone scan, I woke up with my arm and fingers looking like a big, very big, huge pork sausage, I was so mad at my arm, I started pushing the movement from my fingers up to my shoulder several times, then put on the arm gargment, I didn't have the glove so I wrapped around a wrist finger support tightly, I took 2 flaxseed oil capsules and when I got up in the morning only a slight puffiness so I wore the garmets for a couple of days to make sure and back to normal, or as normal is, in a couple of days. Should of mentioned I spoke to the surgeon after I did this, so I was one step ahead of him, my opinion, how can feather touches move a river in your arm, not possible I'm afraid. Spoke to another lady who did the same thing, she had worn her garments for months, then tried this technique and hardly ever has the need for them anymore.

Love & Hugs Lyn
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote