View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 10:34 AM   #10
Kim in CA

Several years ago I noticed that once in a while I would have a small spot in my field of vision where there was just a blank hole. Being the stubborn sort that I am somtimes, I chose to ignore it. I finally mentioned it to my sister in law who is a nurse, and she said it sounded like the beginnings of maccular degeneration. I was so busy dealing with my BC that I didn't want to be bothered with eye problems!

Then one day I was reading an article in Parade magazine written by Jean Carper (I think she is a nutritionist) about how Lutein helped prevent breast cancer in lab mice and also killed breast cancer cells in the test tube. Lutein is found in all the dark green veggies, so I figured it certainly couldn't hurt to take it. I take Jarrow brand because it has one of the highest levels of lutein that I have found, 20mg. per cap as compared to some of the other eye health formulas out there that only have about 6mg. I have been taking it now for about 3 years and I no longer get those blackhole spots in my vision, so maybe it is helping me. My husband started taking it too because his night vision wasn't very good after his laser eye surgery and he seems to think it helps.

Anyway, another pill to take, but I don't think it could hurt anything!

Love, Kim
Kim in CA is offline   Reply With Quote