View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 08:48 PM   #17
Unregistered

Question Another late comer

Whew, I've finally found a place where there are people in the same boat as me! I originally was told that I was HER2- but since I moved I have a new onc. and she tested my tumor (was banked) and it came back as HER2+. The lab results say that the "ratio of HER-2 to DEP-17 is greater than 4.0). Anyone know what that means other than it's positive?

A little history: Dx'd 8/02, lumpectomy with ax node dissection, 19/41 nodes positive, ER/PR+, FEC X6, 7 1/2 weeks rads, oophorectomy, arimidex. My new onc. was going to take my case to the dept. meeting and was going to be calling one of the researchers that conducted the study that just came out in the New England Journal of Medicine to talk it over with them. She did tell me that she thinks I should do it. I'm supposed to be seeing her this Monday (Wilma-willing!) so we will see what she has to say then.

Meanwhile, I am trying to decide if I want to do this or not. Getting another port and doing every 3 weeks for a year is not sounding like too much fun. I know, I know...this isn't supposed to be fun, but 3 years out from dx I was kind of hoping that one day I might be able to not think about cancer every day. I AM leaning towards going for it right at this point. Just on a fact finding mission for now.

I will be haunting this website and will probably register myself soon.

Thanks for all you ladies for being here; I know that this will be a great place for info!