View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 10:51 AM   #2
TriciaK

Sandy, I think there was a thread running a short while back, if I remember right, about shortness of breath after herceptin. Several commented on it. I have noticed more shortness of breath now that I am on 3Xaweek herceptin. I would wake up about 4 AM feeling pressure on my chest and very short of breath, almost like a panic attack. I have oxygen available and it would help, but my husband was very concerned because I had had a heart attack in June, '04, just before lung mets were discovered. In fact, as some of you know, the lung mets(her2+++) were discovered because of the heart attack (a blessing in disguise since I'd been NED for close to 15 years and was not even of thinking of more mets, and I would probably not have found them in time) My last muga was 58, by the way. I talked to my onc about the latest shortness of breath and pressure and he was concerned about either more heart problems or a lung blood clot, but he suggested I try water pills for a week and see if they made a difference. They definitely did. The shortness of breath and pressure is gone now or at least rare and subdued. The other main thing I have noticed with the herceptin is a "drippy" nose. Claritan helps that. I do get tired more easily, but when I mentioned to my chiropractor that I've never felt so tired, he said "so you've never been 75 before, either, have you?" So that is my self-comment now, whenever! Actually, I amaze myself at how much more energy I have now than I had a year ago on navelbine and herceptin. So I count the blessings and deal with the rest! The shortness of breath is a concern and I hope you will check it out and check out the former thread on it, too. Hugs, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote