View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 11:40 PM   #11
Gina

To Al from Canada

Did your wife ever try hitting the liver mets with a 5-day Z - pak prior to a herceptin only infusion??? or will her liver function not support this strong antibiotic as its half-life of 68 to 72 hours is longer than most any other on the market and not the easiest on the liver or kidney function?? If she were deemed able to try it, then after the herceptin, infusion...flush the body with things like pure water, chicken soup, artichokes dipped in vinegar, olive oil, etc..etc.--not fruit juice at this point??? This simple remedy has saved me and folks I know many times...it does not seem to be a permenant solution but does sometimes, give you a chance to get ahead of the her-2...also, are your wife's serum her-2 tumor markers being evaluated on a regular basis and what do they look like compared to the various ups and downs of the other 6 liver related counts??? FYI, it has been my experience that the GGT is always elevated when you have her-2 active in the liver, fyi...but I don't think it always means "liver damage" but is an indication of a certain alcohol-like chemical (I need my notes..) elevated in the liver--which of course, can lead to liver damage as if her-2 in the liver isn't already damaging enough. smile..I have a whole REALLY long boring theory about GGT..yes, longer than some of my others posted here...on this site...but tonight, as it is quite late in VA, I WILL SPARE YOU ALL...smile.

Cheers,
Gina
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote