View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 09:41 AM   #11
Gina Popp

Lightbulb

Hi Barbara,

Yes, I think "heating it up" is a very smart idea where her-2 mediated cancers are concerned...that is why I am so "fond" of the "Herceptin fever" I usually get after each infusion (still 6 years of Herceptin infusions later..smile) and mainly recommend that one NOT take any Tylenol to prevent the fevers for those reasons...in the early years of my cancer mets, I would swear that the fever I got after the Herceptin was more effective than the Herceptin...now, years later, I have learned that that was probably not quite the case as Herceptin has amazing properties.

Anyway, I have also been testing those new-age infared JADE stone heated massage beds (google CERAGEM or LIVELONG BIONIC BED) since January, 2004 with very positive results... I don't get to use the bed as often as I would like (having bought one and then, gave it away to one of my "patients" who needed it more who lives in a different city..hee hee), but I do use it when I can. When my bone mets gets painful...I usually coat the area of my chest and sternum with lots of Castor Oil, apply the cotton flannel and then a HOT water Bottle and go to sleep..the only thing is you have to watch out for the LOW level electromagnetic radiation from heating pads, blankets and other electronic devices...and I wouldn't over do that...just in case..but it certainly couldn't hurt for occasion use, I would think..but the hot water bottle may be safer. Also, I still recommend the AGE-old remedy of neck out total body immersion in hot epsom salt or mineral water at least once a week and more frequently if the patient is in a lot of pain or lacks magnesium. It is the quickest way to replace magnesium and other minerals that certain chemos, especially in the cisplatin carboplatin family, take away...fyi.

Take care,

Gina