View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 06:44 AM   #8
mamacze

You are incredible

Dear Sweet Angel,
Your body and soul must be absolutely wrung out with exhaustion; going nonstop since 2003 and taking care of your 4 children. How fortunate for your children that they have a mama role modeling such a strong fighting spirit! How old are your wee ones?
You are right to sit back and reflect. Take stock in your situation...weigh out your options.
I will share some thoughts ... first, navelbine and herceptin worked great for me and many other sisters on this site. I am her2+++, er/pr -, with lots of skin involvement; altho they hesitated to call it IBC. I had the combo for 6 months, and am now on herceptin alone, along with the added boost of the tumor vaccine from Seattle.
Which brings me to my second thought; you may want to call the docs in Seattle and ask for their opinion. Perhaps even fly out for a second opinion. Dr. Devon has posted on this site (do a Dr. Devon search, you will find her)... and check out the clinical trials board for more contact information.
Finally, you will be more present to your children if you can get yourself some rest. I also have 4, and against my instincts I took a couple weekends away with my hubby; it was just what we both needed; it was precious private time to talk and melt down; and at the same time recharge batteries.
I will hold you up in prayer, Martha and ask the good lord to hold you in His arms when you are exhausted and give you spiritual wisdom and strength to do what is best for you and for your 4 beautiful children.
Love and hugs,
Kim from CT
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote