View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 09:43 AM   #4
jojo

Hello Martha

I am sorry that you have been going on a very long battle with BC. It is definitely NO fun business!! :-(

Have you thought about maybe making a quick getaway, like over a weekend, so you could recharge your batteries afterwards?? Sometimes it is a good time to get out of home, especially when you are feeling "the same old, same old" with ongoing fatigue.

I am a little exhausted, too. Yesterday, I just had a 3-hour nap throughout dinner time, as I had not done that in 2 years, ever since my original rounds of chemo's. I was surprised to find that it lasted very long, as I had predicted that my nap would take only an hour or so.

Las Vegas is actually one of my LEAST favorite towns -- I don't gamble, I only like Cirque du Soleil shows -- but since my husband's best friend's wife will be there next week, so I'm sure that I will enjoy having her company. :-)

I can't help you on anything about Navelbine, as I have never tried it before. But I do want you to know that there are a few 4-stagers that have been here more than 5 years since their recurrences (or rather their original diagnoses, if stage 4 that is).

Also, keep in mind that occasionally we could repeat the same chemo's just as long as there were significant time breaks in between. Perhaps you could ask your onc, if you could have some of the chemo's again, maybe even in a different combo??

Can you tell us why they cannot surgically remove your positive nodes under your arm??

Please do keep us posted, as you go along.

Good luck, you are in my thoughts & prayers.

1st Dx: May '03 at age 35
Stage 3b
6cm IDC tumor
17/18 + nodes
Neoadjuvant: 4x A/C dose dense; 12x weekly Taxol & weekly Herceptin
Left Mastectomy: Nov '03
27x Rads
Stage 4 since June '04
Still on maintenance Herceptin since the very beginning
Currently on Abraxane (3 weeks / 1 week off)
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote