Thread: After taxol
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 05:13 PM   #2
Becky

I did the taxol separately from Herceptin (and I am still on Herceptin) so I am taking it like in the HERA trial.

I had a bad time with taxol. I had terrible leg pain (and sometimes when I am sitting in a chair too long (at work) I have to think hard about balance upon standing. My thumbs are still a little numb but improving. I am more allergic to things because I was very allergic to the emulsifier in taxol (hives, swollen lips - my onc even gave me an epi-pen). I got 2X the amt of benadryl as a premed and had to take 2 benadryl tablets as soon as I got home and every 4 hrs for the first 24 hours. I have no pain left and the neuropathy is improving.

Herceptin is the easiest drug ever except I am very tired the next day. I only took premeds the first time. I get a runny nose from it for a day or two but nothing else. Your aches and pains are most likely from the taxol and that improves rapidly (although you might have some lingering effects that will take awhile to completely go away - fyi - I finished taxol in Feb 2005).

Hope this helps

Best regards

Becky