Thread: Her2+++
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 03:49 PM   #2
Amy

Hi Donna,
My story goes like this.....I was diagnosed the end of Jan '05. had a lumpectomy with a sentinal node biopsy of which 2 nodes were removed and came back negative. I was stage 1, ER-PR-, Her 2+++. Since I was Her 2+++, I underwent 4 rounds of A/C and 4 rounds of Taxol with herceptin and continued weekly herceptin. A week before I was to begin radiation, I found a new lump in the same breast....had all tests....not only was it back in my breast but it had spread to my lungs. Talk about disheartening....going from a stage 1 to a stage IV in a heartbeat ....I'm only 40 and have 2 young girls of whom I will have to worry about breast health sooner rather than later in life, and I prefer to be here to help them through that process. Anyway, now I am taking Xeloda plus Herceptin with lots and lots of prayer. My regular Onc didn't want to put me back on Herceptin for obvious reasons, but I went to a specailist and she said it wouldn't hurt to try it again in a different combination. (She's probably aware of the psychological attachment those of us who are Her2+++ have to Herceptin). It's a continuous troubleshoot to figure out what will work to keep this beast at bay.
Sorry, this was probably more info than you wanted, and I really didn't provide you with any answers. Just know that you are not alone in this struggle...that seems to help me....knowing that there are lots of incredible women who can relate to exactly what we are going through... fears, desires.....emotional challenges not to mention the physical ones. I wish you luck and God Bless, Amy