View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 11:22 PM   #8
Gina

Julie,

The Alk phos can also rise when bone is repairing itself. Did you injure yourself anywhere...even twist an ankle?? Still, given your ER-PR- her-2+++ status which is the same as mine and as you probably know, tends to be rather aggressive, I would have a bone scan just to know for sure what you are dealing with. If it turns out one little place lights up, there is much that can be done right away..maybe just slightly increasing your herceptin dosage...but if it is serious and you wait ... a bunch of nasties might light up like a tree on Christmas morning and that would not be good. As I always say where her-2 is concerned..."better to know EVEN a dark and terrible truth, than not to know it"..Conrad?? I think ?? Also, if you want to advoid a bone scan, check your CA 27/29 and serum her-2 to see where you are. If the CA 27/29 is less than 15 and the her-2 less than 12, you are probably ok as far as cancer mets are concerned.

Also, thank you for responding to the negative blood inquiry...I was wondering if your your MOM had negative blood, though,...just curious. Still, thanks for your info as you are ER-PR-HER-2+++ you will make a good control case for positive -blooded folks as I investigate the ratios of negative blood with her-2 to positive. Will keep you "posted"...good luck on the Alk phos and congratulations on keeping such a well-trained eye on your blood chem.

Many thanks, Gina