View Single Post
Old 09-05-2005, 01:44 PM   #1
*_Christine MH_*

Hello everybody,

Just to remind everyone: I was treated for primary BC starting in October 2003: 6 rounds of FEC surgery (still 9/18 nodes with vascular invasion, argh) 4 rounds taxotere, radiotherapy. No signs of recurrence yet. Heard about the results of the HERA trial and went to see onc in May and to my surprise he suggested that since, in his words, I don't have a single thing going for me as far as this cancer is concerned, a year of herceptin would be advisable even though it is a bit late. He let slip that I am his highest risk patient. Oh joy. Live in UK where herceptin is widely not available yet for early BC and have to pay out of pocket, but oncologist found a supplier and I will be having herceptin three-weekly, with the first two sessions in the hospital, but after that a nurse will come to give me the herceptin at home. The whole thing has taken forever to set up.

The thing is that I rather liked having all that medical support staff around when I had chemo in the hospital. It made me feel really safe.

Has anybody else out there had herceptin at home?

Best wishes,

Christine MH