View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 08:48 PM   #1
*_Kansasrose_*

Hello all. Long time no see. I am now 9 mos. past last herceptin treatment. Was stage 3, very advanced, her2positive, er negative, 15/17 nodes positve. Had left mastectomy. Have been treated for moderate lymphedema, so wear a sleever daily. But, one thing I've noticed is the puffiness in my face, and my ankles. It isn't all of the time. It subsides, if I prop up my feet. The swelling is there most of the time. I have really bad pain in both feet after sitting for a long time. But, once I get to moving around, I loosen up a bit. I wonder if it is time for a new scan? I also sleep with a cpap machine due to severe sleep apnea. I thought the swelling in my face was from the mask I wear, but I almost wonder if it is a by product of all of the treatment? I see a real difference in energy level. I have more energy, but, once I am 'done' I really am done. When I wear out, forget it. I'm a goner.

I am not sure what I am writing to you ladies about. I guess I am beginning to worry. Am I ok? I know my doctor would approve a scan, just for my sanity. But, I am afraid. What if it has returned? I am now a widow, having lost my husband a year ago.

Thanks for listening!