View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 03:40 PM   #76
LindaBL

Thank you Sassy for your positive reinforcement! Right now I'm inbetween infusions and feel fine. But I'm not looking forward to the next treatment.

Barbara, Good luck with your decision. I was back and forth so many times...even now, after two Herceptin treatments. No one knows if Herceptin will help us "late bloomers". I thought I was the only one starting so late, but through this website, I have learned I am not alone. After reading the great Herceptin results, it seems to make sense that it would help any Her2 person avoid recurrence.

Helping me make my decision in the middle of my dilema, was a friend who unfortunately had a recurrence 12 years after her original diagnosis.

Even though I am outside the trial results, I hope other patients can learn from my Herceptin decision. I believe we will see more and more late Herceptin starters.

My BC/BS insurance is paying for Herceptin and I had no scans or restaging. The oncologist's office applied for me and the next day the insurance approved it.

Linda