View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 01:20 PM   #5
StephN

We would love for some advice, Tricia.
I posted some thoughts on my own prior experience with hypnosis and guided imagery under Lyn's query a bit down the list.

A good friend who survived a terrible case of breast cancer about 10 years ago gave me a guided imagery tape by Belleruth Naparstek not long after my diagnosis. Ann said that tape gave her a lot of comfort and help concentrate her mind on healing.
It is called "A meditation to Help You Fight Cancer."

I found that once I reached a state of real relaxation and comfort through hypnosis the suggestions from this tape could reach into my cell structure as it does go so far as to instruct the body's cells on how to fight the cancer cells and I could really picture the cell death and removal process going on at my innermost molecular level.

From this point I decided that knowing EXACTLY what each drug I was taking did to kill cancer cells would also help expand on those thought pictures. I learned what "microtubule" and "antimitotic" drugs did as they attacked the cancer cells and tumors.
These thought picture were also programmed into my imaging. I asked that this become my new state of being, and left it in God's capable hands. A human cancer fighting machine - and that is what I have done.

Being the first patient to have a complete response in an early clinical trial for hard-to-treat mets somewhat puzzled my medical team, and they wanted to know all the things I did, what supplements I took and how I ate. This was an actual interview. Not that they did not accept that the drugs worked, just that my case was actually more aggressive than some women who did not make it. After one month my tumors as big as my fist in my liver were shrinking dramatically. My doctor refered to me as a "star" patient.

I just know that I am alive and have to attribute my ability to make a difference internally as part of my success against my cancer to this point.

One needs to have a peaceful and gentle setting, without interruptions to do this internal work. Before falling alseep was my best time to work in this way.

I truly hope some of the rest of the ladies here will find some use in persuing this therapy as part of their treatment and healing process.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote